If you would like to share your story, please note the following guidelines:
- It’s completely up to you as to what you write about but please ensure the focus is on you. If you are having difficulty, jot down some initial thoughts and try to express what you have never done so before. Some examples topics include: challenges you have faced and strategies to manage them, sources of inspiration, how you heal, how you memorialise your loved one, what you’ve learnt throughout your journey and things you want the general public to know.
- Please keep your story less than 1000 words and send photos with captions if you wish.
- If your story involves suicide, please ensure you leave out specific details surrounding the death. A helpful resource in terms of what and what not to include is Mindframe.
- It is your choice as to whether you publish your work anonymously, or with your first name and/or last name.
- By posting your story, you agree that you’re aware of the implications of public disclosure and we will not be held liable for any complications that may result.
- Writing about your experience can be incredibly cathartic, but it can also cause issues to surface. If you are having difficulty coping, please refer to our resources page and contact the relevant organisation for help.
If you have any questions, thoughts or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact us.